In April 2014, I was invited by my good friend, Jo-Anne, to attend the Batch 8 of Singles Encounter (SE) Weekend. It was a very timely invitation that I couldn’t resist. And by far, it was the only ‘Yes’ I never regret! I was still skeptical at first that by attending this event, my faith in God will be renewed. I had reservations that it was just the same type of religious activity I attended in the past way back in college. I was wrong.
The SE weekend didn’t promise me anything. It wasn’t actually the solution to my drawbacks in life. But it definitely was a good venue for me to reflect, to pray and to know God better. I just felt that I have to attend the weekend. Perhaps, it was God’s way of telling me “Hey Son! I’m still here!”.
During the SE weekend, I realized a lot of things which helped me to overcome the situation I was in. I felt more relieved from painful memories and broken relationships that bothered me for quite some time. Most importantly, I felt that I wasn’t alone. I was not the only broken person that needed healing from God. And I’m thankful that He allows obstacles to occur in order for me to learn and grow from it.
This coming 7-9 October 2016, Batch 11 of SE Weekend will be held at BLD Covenant House Retreat Center. Now is your chance to experience God’s unconditional love. I encountered His greatness and I would love to share it with you.
Here’s 5 reasons why you must say ‘Yes’ to this invitation:
- You will feel the warmest welcome. Feeling hated? Unloved? Isolated? During the weekend, you’ll find yourself in a place where you will feel welcomed and loved by a diverse group of individuals who have extreme passion in serving God. You will meet people who have experienced brokenness and most depressing situation.
You are not alone.
- You may find what you are looking for. It is difficult to find what you’re looking for if you’re clouded with insignificant thoughts. I believe that the activities prepared will help you to discover more important aspects about yourself that needed resolutions. SE weekend do not promise to answer your questions in mind. Only you can resolve your life’s unrequited questions.
- You will have the best time to reflect. This is a great opportunity to revisit your past and reflect on it. In order for you to move forward, you must learn to face your greatest opponent – yourself.
- You will have a better understanding why things happen. No matter what situation you are in right now, there is a greater purpose why you have to experience uncertainties in life. It may be difficult to comprehend at first, but it is not impossible to fully grasp the full picture behind every disappointment. Your brothers and sisters in Christ will be there throughout your journey to guide you and pray with you.
- You will experience God. Allow yourself to focus in Him alone. There is no other living person nor entity that can help you to overcome your fear, anxiety, stress and agony aside from God.
There you go! Come and join us to experience a weekend like no other! SE Weekend is open to all single (never been married) individuals, 21yo and above. Let us journey together!
Register now! See you!
Photo credits: Pag-ibig Singles Media Ministry
Facebook page: Pag-ibig Singles
Leave a Reply